“But… who are you?”
Wondering who’s writing this blog? Really? I’m flattered.
Since I don’t want to bore you till death, here are the most important things to know about me and my intentions:
- I’m a French developer living in Berlin. I’m coding mainly using Golang or PHP. There’s my coding-life timeline below for more information.
- I actively study books and articles about development of course, but not only: psychology, philosophy, sciences, languages, you name it. Since always. I love learning, it’s my drug, and I deeply believe that learning a lot from different domains bring you original ideas, enable you to innovate and to have a very unique vision of the world.
- Don’t take any of my article as the Holy Truth. Don’t take anything as the Holy Truth, before you experiment it for yourself. If it works for you, then it’s true. If it doesn’t, you can ask me anything or find something else which can help you.
- Without sharing our knowledge, we would still hunt in the forest and live in a cave. Don’t hesitate to correct and add some information in the article’s comments.
- Gnothi seauton is one of my favorite quote. It means: “know yourself”. I think it’s really important to define who we are and what we want in life. Everything goes from there.
“I want to know more about the author of this blog !!?”
Holy cow. You want more details? A complete bullet-point-description of whatever I’m doing all day? No? Well, don’t read the following then.
I - My coding-life timeline
- 12 years old: Hacking around in QBasic on MS-DOS to personalise my favorite (and only) games, Gorillas and Nibbles.
- 14 years old: Learned C and built a little text-based game, where you can be a dwarf with an axe.
- 15 years old: Creation of a little RPG in C++ with DirectX, with real graphics made with the legendary Microsoft Paint.
- 17 years old: Creation of an almost-complete clone of Adventure of Lolo thanks to Game Maker. The AI of this game is weird, I tell you.
- 22 / 23 years old: 2 years of Communication and Marketing studies. I loved it, it taught me a lot about soft skills.
- 23 years old: Learned Adobe Flash (oops), HTML, CSS and PHP.
- 24 years old: Began to work as a full stack developer (frontend and backend).
- 25 years old: “Specialization” as a PHP backend developer. No, PHP is not that bad.
- 32 years old: Began to code full time in Golang ‘cause I want to know MORE.
I coded as well many little games, fun experiments and side projects. Some are tools for developers, the last “big” one is DevDash.
II - What do I do in my life
Even if I follow the routine below pretty well for years, I wasn’t able to do that from one day to another. I experimented, failed, tried again, failed again, till everything fall into place, more or less.
It took me a long time. And it’s not over.
You don’t have to follow this kind of routine if you don’t want to. If you want to stay in bed till 11pm, that’s fine. Find and do what you like in your life, since it’s a pretty limited thing.
I don’t do all of that to become rich and famous. It’s not really likely, between you and me. I do it because I like it.
- Wake up before 5am
- 30 / 40 minutes of sport, mainly callisthenics (GMB is my favorite)
- 20 minutes of meditation (here’s a good ressource for meditation)
- 25 / 50 minutes writing for this blog
- 25 minutes of Duolingo
- Day job from 8am till 5pm
- 25 minutes of reading / taking notes (in the transports)
- Sport for 30 min / 1 hour (running / callisthenics)
- Time for side projects / studying my reading notes / spend time with my girlfriend and / or people
- I’m in my bed at 10pm
- Wake up at 5am
- 30 / 40 minutes of sport
- 20 minutes of meditation
- One of the following thing:
- Side projects
- Try to learn new stuff
- Do stuff with other human beings
- In my bed at 10pm… I don’t like to go out very late anymore.
The week end is more flexible of course, sometimes I don’t do half of that. It’s perfectly fine.
III - Other interests:
- Eating stuff
- Hiking in the good old Nature
- Bouldering (climbing on rocks)
- …and so many stuff!
Thanks for reading! If you have any question, I would be happy to help whenever I can.